Friday 24 July 2009

Woodworm Torch Premier


The bat is supposedly made of grade 1 English Willow. However the two I've had looked more like grade 2 or 3 and they both broke very quickly. One I was only able to play with for about 3 matches. They cracked straight through the centre of the bat along the toe. I liked the profile and the middle was devastating until the bat broke (it was a little small though). The toe guard was useless on both as it came off after a match or two while I was batting. I had a 2lb 8oz and a 2lb 10oz. The pick up on the 2lb 8oz was great, really light. The latter felt a touch too heavy. For the price I paid for the first of £160 and even £120 for the second there are much better bats available.

RRP £220

Ping 7/10
Durability 2/10
Pick Up 7/10

Overall 5/10
Do you own/ have you owned one? If so please comment below on your experience with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment