Tuesday 28 July 2009

Gunn & Moore Icon DXM Original

I like Gunn and Moore as they are one of the older English cricket bat companies and seem to produce a consistently good product. The Icon DXM is their new bat for 2009 and utilises the newest GM machinery - that's what the DXM means. Immediately upon seeing the bat I noticed that the edges are very thick for an English made bat. The bat weighed 2lb 10oz which is more than I usually like however the Icon has a mid to high middle and so picked up much lighter. It felt brilliant in the hands. I couldn't wait to hit a few balls with it. The ball flew off the bat, even the mis-hit shots soared. I can't believe that this is the second best of the range (the Original LE). A devastatingly good cricket bat!



















RRP - £280

Ping - 9/10
Durability - 8/10
Pick Up - 10/10
Overall - 9/10
Do you own/ have you owned one? If so please comment below on your experience with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment